Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fotos De Prancer De Ilove Money

'm happy because I have returned to mourn

I've finally found it! For years I bug for movie sites, videos loose, emule ... And no, there was no way. In any case, did not know quite how to define the object of my quest, so it was not easy. It was a special assembly, at a ceremony at the Oscars in the late nineties. I recorded it on VHS from pirated signal Canal Plus we had at home. The signal was poor, black and white as well. But none of that prevented time and again saw this video for years. The resto de la ceremonia -la de 1998, cuando los premios celebraban sus 70 años- me trajo sin cuidado.

¿De qué trataba el vídeo? Pues eran alrededor de cuatro minutos sobre los grandes momentos de la historia de los Oscars, momentos en los que, como no podía ser menos, había sonrisas y lágrimas. La carrera de Sinatra para recoger su premio, la chica india rechazando el de Marlon Brando, las pletóricas sonrisas de Burt Lancaster y Kirk Douglas, el ¡Merci beaucoup! de François Truffaut, el nudista corriendo por detrás de David Niven, el discurso de Richard Pryor, el tartamudeo de Jonathan Demme... Un repaso a los trajes de las estrellas, a los rostros a la espera de llevarse o no the award, the first ceremonies ... The video has four segments, two animated musical background and two with melancholy themes, including, of course , that infallible Pachelbel's Canon, "and with each segment, the excitement is growing.

I recommend you see him whole, but if your life is too busy, and yet you keep cinephile some love in your heart, do not fail to see the last part (starting at the point 3:40). Elton John sings "not everything would be perfect," and the first image is an old Kirk Douglas collected an honorary Oscar (such as those to come later) and announcing proudly: "I can see my four children. They were born in this old. "Suma y sigue: Henry Fonda, with that majestic gait and honored as if he had been the nation on his shoulders, and Laurence Olivier, John Wayne and a few months after the death, enduring the heat of the suit neoprene under the tux, because the cancer had eaten to the bone, and Cary Grant in tears, and Christopher Reeve in his chair, and Charles Chaplin at last! recognized ... Close James Stewart, with his unmistakable voice, "I you gave a wonderful life. God blesses you. "

assembly may be bullshit you, may you steal a smile, perhaps a tear. I, now that I finally found, I will keep it as gold cloth. I have never seen this morning and I was excited again, as he supposed, as expected. I would have cried if the video does not mourn as I have done then! Because I've changed a lot in the last ten years, I know, but hoped not to have come to much.

Fortunately, it does have excited me as much as then, much as I am sure the next time I see him. Because all these people, these actors, actresses, directors, not my family, not my friends, do not know me personally and probably go down well with many of them. But all, or most, are an inescapable part of my memory sentimental nostalgia of my most intimate, and that's why I keep them all a very special affection.

All through his films have made me spend a lot of good times, and I'm sure many more in store. I have learned with them, laughed with them, I cried with them, I traveled with them. With them, people in the film, as is its dark side, life is always a little nicer. And that is great.

God bless you

PD: Mr. X, do not know if you got to watch this video in your day. In any case, it is dedicated specially to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment